MA Careers: Intern (Brussels-based), EU Government Relations & Public Affairs
McLarty Associates is a global strategic advisory firm with a team of nearly 100 seasoned international specialists. We are a boutique firm – large enough to be global, small enough to be nimble, and provide bespoke solutions for our clients.
With offices in Brussels, Beijing, India, Singapore, and Washington DC and people in over twenty countries, our team is multinational, multilingual, and multi-partisan with a strong transatlantic footprint and experience working in Republican and Democratic administrations in the US as well as across the political spectrum in key global markets. Having lived in over 50 countries, we are a pioneer in the field of private sector diplomacy and have built an institutionalized and professional platform to help our clients in every part of the world.
Our Brussels team supports clients on both sides of the Atlantic to navigate EU legislative and regulatory developments, offering a unique window into policy- and decision-making processes and ability to solve client problems.
We are a small and dynamic team driven to deliver tailor-made solutions and help our clients make informed business decisions, develop and implement strategies, and appropriately deploy resources – ensuring they always have the tools in hand to succeed.
McLarty’s Europe office is offering a 4-to-6 month, Brussels-based, paid internship to support our Europe practice, starting in the second half of September/early October 2020.
Responsibilities of the internship generally include, but may not be limited to:
- Conducting research of public policy, international, and business issues;
- Monitoring regional news outlets;
- Providing analysis, writing short reports, briefing materials and memos on various sectors and subjects;
- Following debates in the European Institutions and at Member States level;
- Assisting in the coordination and organization of events;
- Attending conferences, seminars and hearings, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking individuals who are:
- Accomplished researchers and have strong analytical skills;
- Excellent writers;
- Familiar working in an international and multilingual environment;
- Passionate about international relations and public affairs, interested in European politics, and familiar with the EU’s decision-making processes;
- Attentive to details;
- Able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Team oriented and able to adapt to new tasks, as needed;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) – and strongly preferred if additionally possess further proficiency in European languages including French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish or Dutch.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your application, including a cover letter (max. 1 page), your personalized CV (max. 2 pages) and availability no later than August 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Brussels Internship” in the subject line.
McLarty Associates is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and strongly believe in diversity.