Thank you for your interest in McLarty Associates.
At McLarty Associates, we pride ourselves on the team we put together. Our staff is made up of accomplished individuals who are committed to providing high quality service to our clients. Our hiring philosophy focuses on integrity, dynamism, and expertise. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
McLarty Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Associate, Northern Latin America (see below)
Internship and Graduate Fellowship Program Overview
McLarty Associates is proud to offer paid temporary positions through our Internship and Graduate Fellowship Program. We seek highly motivated individuals who are interested in learning more about the field of international strategic advising and who have a strong background in regional or international studies, economics, trade, and/or business.
Interns and Graduate Fellows are an integral part of our team. The focus of the internship is on research and writing; however, selected interns/graduate fellows are viewed as active participants in the entire client services process and get exposure beyond research.
Individuals who are currently attaining, or have obtained, a Master’s degree are eligible to be Graduate Fellows.
Our Internships and Graduate Fellowships are offered on a semester basis:
- Spring: January to May
- Summer: June to August
- Fall: September to December
Associate, Northern Latin America
McLarty Associates is seeking a bright, resourceful, highly organized individual to serve as an entry-level Associate to support the firm’s Northern Latin America practice.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- providing administrative support to various Latin America practice directors (coordinating and maintaining schedules, completing expense reports, event planning, engaging with key stakeholders in-country, making travel arrangements, etc.);
- conducting extensive research and analysis of economic, political, security, trade, technology, public policy, international, and business issues;
- writing memos, compiling biographies, preparing presentations;
- monitoring regional news outlets;
- attending and reporting on speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and clients;
- other duties as assigned.
We are seeking individuals who are:
- accomplished researchers;
- excellent writers;
- exceptionally organized with an independent and creative nature;
- strong critical thinkers;
- inclined to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the team;
- attentive to details;
- able to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner whether working independently or as part of a team;
- able to manage and adapt to changing priorities;
- able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, mature judgment, and confidentiality;
- able to remain poised under pressure and juggle multiple projects at a time;
- proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365, and other business applications.
Ideal candidates for this position possess an understanding of the regional economic, cultural, business, and political dynamics in Latin America. Applicants should have a robust background, demonstrated interest, and/or experience living or studying in Latin America, preferably Mexico. The Associate must have complete fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish; native speaker strongly preferred. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Interested applicants must submit an application that includes:
- Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience and skills;
- Resume; and
- Short Writing Sample (no more than 3 pages) demonstrating strong research and concise writing in English on issues related to Latin America, international politics, or political economy.
Please compile all application materials into one PDF document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Last Name, Latin America Associate.”