Food & Agriculture
McLarty Associates is one of the few firms of its kind with a dedicated Food & Agriculture practice run by experts in the field. We advise corporations at all levels of the agricultural supply chain, including seeds, equipment, processing, storage and distribution, and retail sales. We also advise investors and non-profits in this dynamic and complex sector.
Kellie Meiman Hock has been helping major multinational food and agriculture companies to take advantage of opportunities and troubleshoot obstacles to market access and investment for over two decades, first at the State Department and USTR and since 2000 at MA. And Martin Cargas served as Vice President for Global and Environmental Affairs at Anheuser-Busch Companies for a decade.
Our knowledge of the food and agriculture industry, our familiarity with international trade rules, and our foreign market experience allow us to help companies and investors overcome these challenges and achieve success overseas.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Measures, including quarantine rules
- WHO and Codex issues, including nutrition standards and food safety standards
- Market access issues, Tariff Rate Quotas, and intellectual property
- Government agriculture policy and international agricultural development
- Emerging agricultural technologies and Public-Private Partnerships
- Agricultural export promotion, anti-dumping, and countervailing duties
- Product labeling, non-communicable diseases, and biotechnology issues