McLarty Associates opens Delhi office, announces new leadership in Brussels
May 27, 2020
Balinder Singh, who has long served as a senior advisor for our India & South Asia practice, will lead McLarty Associates’ new office in India via his newly-created firm, BSAC India Advisory Group. Our existing clients know and trust Balinder, and we are proud to introduce him to our broader network in this new role.
Balinder is already building a Delhi-based team, dramatically augmenting our ability to service clients with India interests—and helping India’s multinational firms navigate in key markets leveraging McLarty’s global reach and expertise.
In taking on this new role, Balinder brings with him 30 years of experience in corporate and public affairs – with deep relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. Having worked across sectors, Balinder has engaged virtually every corner of the Indian ecosystem through his work with international and domestic corporations, helping them to navigate one of the world’s most complex yet opportune business environments.
Balinder and his team join our already deep India & South Asia team, led by Rick Rossow and supported by veteran diplomats and leading South Asia experts with decades of experience in markets across the region.
Jérémie Gallon, currently managing director of AmCham France, will join McLarty as Senior Director and will assume leadership of our Brussels office in September. Philippe Maze-Sencier, who founded the office in 2017, is leaving McLarty to join a leading global communications firm headed by a former McLarty client, where he will serve as a global chair.
And we are pleased to announce that Anne Ludwigs will become Deputy Head for Brussels, reflecting the leadership role she has assumed since joining us in 2018.
Jérémie Gallon, in his three years at AmCham France, has turned it into a proactive and involved “do-tank,” dynamically engaged in the promotion of its members’ interests and issues, putting AmCham France at the heart of a number of economic policy matters and helping drive public debate.
Jérémie was posted to Washington from 2015-17 by the European External Action Service, the EU’s foreign service arm, as senior political advisor to the EU Ambassador David O’Sullivan. There, he got to know Washington and its institutions well.
Previously, Jérémie worked for the World Bank in the Balkans and started his career as a lawyer at Davis Polk & Wardwell’s Paris office. He worked on numerous transactions in the defense and energy sectors, as legal counsel to the French state. In parallel, Jérémie served for three years as foreign policy advisor to Bruno Le Maire, then a member of the French parliament and now Minister of Economy and Finance under President Macron.
Jérémie will start with us in September, when his obligations to AmCham allow. Our Brussels office colleagues Anne Ludwigs and Laurent de Boisséson, with our US-based Europe team led by Amb. Richard Burt, will ensure that during this time of transition our clients will have a consistent and seamless level of service.
OUR INDIA & SOUTH ASIA TEAM
- Nelson W. Cunningham developed our India practice and serves on the board of the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum.
- Richard Rossow leads our India & South Asia practice. He was director of operations at the US-India Business Council and is a senior fellow and Wadhwani Chair in US-India Policy Studies at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- Balinder Singh leads our Delhi office. Over his nearly 30 years of experience in corporate and public affairs, he has worked with a wide range of Fortune 500 companies and Indian Blue Chips.
- Amb. Robert O. Blake, Jr. was assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asia and served as deputy chief of mission in India. He was also US ambassador to Sri Lanka and Indonesia.
- Safiya Ghori-Ahmad covered South Asia issues on the staff of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and served in the State Department focusing on South Asia.
- Amb. Teresita Schaffer served in US embassies in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh; was US ambassador to Sri Lanka; and was deputy assistant secretary of state for the Near East and South Asia.
- Dr. Alyssa Ayres served as deputy assistant secretary of state for South Asia and is currently a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Suman Bery served as Shell’s global chief economist and previously led the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) in New Delhi.
- Dr. Kyle Gardner supports our India & South Asia and business development teams and is a scholar of South Asian affairs.
OUR EUROPE TEAM
- Amb. Richard Burt leads our Europe practice. He served as US ambassador to Germany and assistant secretary of state for European and Canadian affairs, and he opened McKinsey&Co’s offices throughout eastern Europe and Russia.
- Anne Ludwigs is Deputy Head of our Brussels office. She served in the Confederation of German Employers’ Associations and advised Germany’s Christian Democratic Party (CDU) on international affairs.
- Dr. Claire Kaiser is a scholar of Russian and Eurasian affairs and has worked and researched in Georgia, Ukraine, Russia, and Germany.
- Dr. Frances Burwell led the Atlantic Council’s EU initiatives for the past decade, with a particular focus on digital issues, US-EU trade, and EU institutions.
- Amb. Lee A. Feinstein served as US ambassador to Poland and senior advisor to Secretary Hillary Clinton and is the founding dean of Indiana University’s School of Global and International Studies.
- Laurent de Boisséson, based in Brussels, has worked on public affairs and media in Brussels and across Europe for three decades.
- William Drozdiak worked for two decades as a Washington Post correspondent in Europe and is the author of The Last President of Europe, a new book on French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Edward S. Verona was president of the US-Russia Business Council, vice president of ExxonMobil Russia, and country manager for Russia and Kazakhstan at Texaco.